- 4 cups cold milk
- 4-5 tsp sugar (or as required)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp saffron (soaked in a little water)
- 8-10 almonds (soaked and peeled)
- 8-10 cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp melon seeds
- 2 tbsp saunf (fennel)
- 1½ tsp pepper-corns
- 4-5 rose petals
- In a bowl, soak almonds, cashew nuts, poppy seeds and melon seeds in required amount of water. In another bowl, soak saunf and pepper-corns separately. Soak these for about 1-2 hours.
- In a pan, heat ½ cup milk with sugar, cardamom powder and saffron and mix well.
- Blend all the soaked ingredients in a mixer with some milk, till it makes a smooth paste.
- Add the paste as well as the heated milk mixture in the remaining milk.
- Again blend it together in a mixer.
- Refrigerate it for some hours and serve chilled. Garnish with saffron and cardamom powder.