- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 5 tbsp. instant oats
- 3 tbsp. flax-seed powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick) (softened at room temperature)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (or any other oil)
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 350 F (180 degree Celsius).
- Mix Whole wheat flour, instant oats, flax-seed powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat together butter and sugars till they are of creamy consistency.
- Add flour mixture into butter mixture and mix with spatula.
- Add vanilla extract, water and coconut oil and mix further.
- Finally fold-in chocolate chips and make balls equivalent to 1-2 tbsp. each (depending on size preference)
- Place the balls on cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool.