- 20-22 Dates (soaked in ½ cup water for 15-20 min)
- 50 gm Walnuts – chopped
- 120 gm Sweetened condensed milk
- 65 gm Plain Butter
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- 1¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 1¼ cups maida (plain flour)
- 2-3 tsp Milk
- Sieve plain flour along with Baking Powder and Baking Soda.
- Make a paste of dates using as little water as possible either in a blender or a food processor.
- In a bowl, mix melted butter & condensed milk with hand beater.
- Then add date paste, flour mixture and a little milk if needed. (Keep the batter of thick consistency)
- Slightly roll the walnuts in plain flour and add them to the batter. Stir sparingly only to mix the walnuts.
- Pour the mixture in a greased and dusted (with plain flour) baking pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 40 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Once done, take the cake out, allow it to cool, and then unmould the cake.