- 4 ripe tomatoes (cut in cubes)
- 150 grams medium sized salted sev
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic paste (or 4-5 cloves of garlic – chopped)
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander-cumin powder
- ¼ tsp hing (asofotida)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and hing. Then add garlic paste, red chili powder and tomatoes. Add 2 cups of water as per consistency required.
- Sauté for some time. Then add salt, turmeric powder and coriander cumin powder. Mix well, and cook on medium flame for sometime with lid covered, until done.
- Add sev just 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot with bajra or jowari roti/thepla