- 1½ cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda or fruit salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 green chili – chopped
- 2 tbsp grated coconut (optional)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup water
- ¾ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for batter properly.
- Pour the batter in a greased microwave safe flat-surface container.
- Microwave it for 4 minutes on high power. Allow it to stand for 3 min. Then, cut the dhoklas into equal pieces.
- Separately, mix lemon juice and sugar in water and keep it till the sugar dissolves.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, green chili, sesame seeds. When it starts spluttering, add the sugared water.
- Pour the above mixture on the prepared dhoklas. Leave it aside for 5 min.
- Sprinkle coconut and coriander leaves on top.