- 1 cup of plain flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ cup of ground sugar
- ½ cup of butter
- ¾ cup of crushed walnuts
- 10-12 walnut quarters
- 3-4 drops of vanilla essence
- 2-3 Pinches of salt
- Beat butter and sugar till light.
- Sieve baking powder, salt and flour together.
- Add the flour & essence to the better and mix well.
- Add crushed walnuts and make small flattish round cookies.
- Press walnut quarters on top of the cookies.
- Place some cookies in baking tray far apart enough to allow the cookies to expand.
- Bake the cookies in preheated oven at 180 °C for 15-20 minutes or till it become light brown. Remove them from the oven & Allow it to cool.
- Store in air-tight container.