For the batter:
- 2 ½ cup rice + 1 cup Urad dal (Or 1 kg readymade Idli uttapam batter can be used)
- 1½ tsp soda
For the Masala / Topping :
- 100 gm Tofu grated
- 5-6 Button mushroom (Thin slices)
- 1 bowl boiled corn
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tbsp oil
- Soak the rice & urad dal over night. Next morning grind it in mixer with little water to make a soft batter. Add salt and keep it aside till evening. At the time of making uttapam add soda in it. Add the water if required for uttapam consistency. (OR you can also use the readymade batter of Idli & Uttapam. Even here, you will need to add salt and soda.)
- Now in the nonstick tava take the batter & spread it a little. Arrange the mushrooms on sides of the batter & also put some tofu & corn. Sprinkle some chaat masala on it.Put some oil around the Uttapam and cook it on both the sides.
- Serve hot with Sambhar, coconut chutney, garlic peanut chutney.