· 1 cup rice
· 1 cup cauliflower florets
· 1 cup chopped fresh beans
· 1 cup chopped carrots
· 2 medium chopped capsicums
· ½ cup green peas and corn
· 1 large tomato – finely chopped
· 6-7 cloves of garlic
· 2 green chilies
· Ginger – approximate 1 inch piece
· 1 onion – sliced
· 7-8 button mushrooms – washed and cut into quarters
· 1 tsp Garam Masala
· 1 tsp Biryani Masala
· ½ tsp Red chilli powder
· 1 tsp Coriander and Cumin powder
· 1 tsp Cumin seeds
· 3 tbsp desi ghee
· A pinch of Clove powder
· A pinch of cinnamon powder
· ½ tsp Cardamom powder
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Turmeric powder
· Roasted Cashew nuts
· 1 tbsp milk
· A pinch of saffron
1) In a microwave proof rice cooker, mix rice with double water, salt, pinch of clove & cinnamon powder, turmeric powder, 1 tbsp ghee and ½ tsp cumin seeds. Microwave it for 8 minutes and let it stand for 6 min.
2) In another microwave proof bowl, mix all the vegetables and cook it on high power with a lid for 5 min. Take care not to overcook it.
3) In a bowl, mix 2 tbs ghee, cumin seeds and microwave it for 40 seconds.
* Add sliced onions and microwave further for 2 min.
* Add paste of garlic, green chilies and ginger and cook it further for 1 min.
* Add tomato and mushroom and further cook it for 3 min.
* Now add garam masala, biryani masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and all the cooked vegetables. Stir properly and microwave it for another 2 min.
4) Add some fresh coriander leaves.
5) Finally spread half of the portion of rice in a serving bowl. Make a second layer of vegetables and finally put the balance rice as the top layer.
6) Pour saffron milk on the top.
7) Garnish it with mint leaves and coriander leaves.
8) Serve it with raita or curd.