- 1 cup fada (wheat dalia – small sized)
- 1 dry red chilli (cut into pieces)
- 1 green chilli
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1½ tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1-2 tbsp soaked Urad dal (Soaked chana dal can be used)
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2-3 pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and dalia. Fry for sometime till it gets light pink. Then add chillies, curry leaves and urad dal; sauté for 2 mins.
- Now add water, curd, salt and turmeric powder, let it cook with lid for sometime till the dalia cooked properly. Let it sauté for sometime till water gets absorbed properly.
- It can be served with buttermilk.
- You can add boiled vegetables like carrot, peas, etc.